Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I awoke in the middle of the night last night to rearrange Floyd who had taken over my pillow and had tucked his paws in my hair. I became aware of an excited and happy overall feeling.

THE OBAMA'S HAVE ARRIVED!

This means so much to our country and individually we have our dreams of how these next few years will play out.

THE OBAMA FAMILY SPENT THE NIGHT IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

For the first time in 4 or 6 or 8 years I don't feel the need to run away. Now I can go back to the US proudly as a citizen who belongs in that group of millions at the capitol mall.

Oh, and also, as a little more excitement on my way back to sleep, I remembered my short trail-ride yesterday on Bella. She was a champ with a good steady pace once we were truly away from the barnyard. At one turn up the road she flattened her ears at her mother who was ahead of us. I suppose that meant she didn't want to go that way but her four little legs went anyway. Also, she must get shod before we go out again due to sore feet by the time we got home.

2 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Congratulations on all counts.

C-ingspots said...

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree!! I have high hopes but don't expect any miracles. O'Bama will do his very best and I hope he accomplishes even a small percentage of what we are hoping for. And congraulations on your progress with your Bella. The two of you are coming along quite nicely it sounds. Keep it up and remember, the slower you go the faster you get there. Have fun. By the way, you have some of the most amazingly beautiful shots from down there in sunny Mexico. Someday, I would like to visit and stay there for an extended period of time. It's a dream of mine - somewhere close to the ocean would be nice. I too, would like to bring my horse if that would be possible. Sounds heavenly to me, especially in January.