Sunday, June 17, 2007


Little Sonora at her first birthday. That cute little white nose makes it hard to get a pretty picture of her. She is the sweetest little girl ever and has no bad manners. Diane halters her, ties her, picks up all of her feet. I predict she'll be very easy to train the rest of the way because she just doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

There. That's a little better view of her beauty. And you can see that white marking around her neck that I call her pearls.

And here's handsome Billie, waiting his turn for a tidbit of attention.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Sonora! I love the paint horses, there's just something special about them I can't quite put my finger on.

Callie said...

She is just the cutest thing. Pretty little head.

Rising Rainbow said...

You can slather, and I do mean slatherm Desitin on that nose, will prevent sunburn and take the red out of what's there. Have lots of white noses here, I buy it in tubs. lol

Molly said...

Oh thanks, MiKael. That's a great suggestion.

photogchic said...

She has very pretty eyes. It looks like she has on smoky eyeshadow to go with her lovely pearls. Very flashy girl!

Pony Tail Club said...

Yep, she is too cute! (I have a soft spot in my heart for paint too.)

The Donut Guy said...

I don't know anything about horses, but your horse sure is cute:-)

Molly said...

This little Sonora yearling isn't mine, but is my filly's little sister. I think I would buy her if Diane ever decides to sell her. It's a pretty small family out at our barn with only about 12 horses, so we all care for each other's horses.

ninjapoodles said...

She is a sweetheart. How are you affording hay out there? We're slowly going bankrupt!

Molly said...

I hear you about the hay prices and lack of inventory. That's a tough one for you guys.
Our hay mostly comes from south of here where there is good irrigation or plenty of summer rains. Our prices aren't high and the stock is plentiful. We do seem to only get alfalfa and a little orchard grass. I've never seen oat hay in Mexico.

Sheryl said...

Billy looks like my childhood horse Trigger...except Trigger was a naughty Shetland. What beautiful pictures!!