While I was up in Oregon and Barbie was recuperating we got to rent and watch movies. I'm always way behind in current movies so a trip to the rental store is always like my eyes are bigger than my stomach. So many to see, so little time.
Here is our list and our opinions:
- Death at a Funeral-two thumbs up, comedy
- Secret Life of Words-two big thumbs up, drama
- Michael Clayton-two thumbs up, drama
- Elizabeth The Golden Age-two thumbs up, drama
- Copying Beethoven-two thumbs down, we only watched 20 minutes, couldn't take any more
- Once-two big thumbs up, musical
- Kinky Boots-two thumbs up, comedy/drama
- The Darjeeling Express-two big thumbs up, comedy/drama
- Goya's Ghost-two thumbs down, but we did watch the whole thing, drama
- Evening-two thumbs sideways, disappointing drama with a good cast
- 3:10 to Yuma-thumbs up, drama (Russell Crow appears to be able to really ride)
- Juno (in the theatre)-two thumbs way up, quirky drama
If I was forced with threats of no dessert to pick my favorite movie I would probably say, "The Secret Life of Words." It was so painful, well acted and written. Not a light movie.
We enjoyed the music so much in Once and Juno that we downloaded both soundtracks from iTunes.